Pages

Thursday, September 19

SNAG Educational Endowment | Entry 2

Beginning Balance: $872.17
My next pursuit was another piece I had in mind for quite some time - a mini series relating suburbia to the body. Thanks to my scholarship, I finally had the money to pay a model to subject herself to the abuses of paint, flocking and strong adhesives to create the effects I was looking for. Fellow grad Rachel received $20.00 for her troubles, a small price to pay for the uncomfortable posing and skin damage she endured! Materials cost an additional $14.90


Jessica Todd, Suburban Growth Series, SLS, glass, paint
Jessica Todd, Suburban Growth Series, flocking
Jessica Todd, Suburban Growth Series, skin
For my solo exhibition Home at the Kent State Stark campus I purchased beautiful 20x24 prints of the work from AdoramaPix ($45.20). They looked fantastic on the walls and added visual diversity to the overall exhibition. I also purchased 8x10 prints of my performance pieces that I had previously only displayed in rotation on a digital screen ($20.91). Having the physical prints allowed my audience to view all the images at once and had a much greater visual impact in the space.


Jessica Todd, Suburban Growth Series installed
Jessica Todd, documentation of performance pieces installed
(Womanhouse 2012, Perilous Home, Womanhouse 2013)
Total Purchase: $101.01
Ending Balance: $771.16